E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can't buy a ebook from my kindle. I just got it 3 days…

Customer Question
Hi, I can't buy...

Hi, I can't buy a ebook from my kindle

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I just got it 3 days ago, and I tried it buy from PC, buying the ebook is not working for me in amazon eventhough I had registered my credit card.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just that I can't able to buy a ebook.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me what happens when you try to purchase a book? What error do you get?

Please let me know

Thank you

when I click on the buy icon, I got the page said - unable to purchase this ebook. I tried to buy from amazon.cn , maybe something with the account, but when I buying the ordinary books, then is no problem. but for ebook, then I got the message not able to buy.

Thank you

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and try to ppurchase a book.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Well, I don't know how to remove the charger.

This is the cable you connect to it when you charge it. if it is connected, pull it out of the socket please

no, my kindle is fully charge, so it didn't connect

ok.. so it is disconnected already, so continue with the instructions I gave you please

I had done that. No,still not able to purchase. But now I tried to go to online with my pc to purchase there, I got to same problem there, maybe something wrong with my account with amazon?

What is the message you get when you try to purchase a book now?

The same. Not able to buy this ebook.

yes, but what is the message you get when you try too purchase a book

nothing, just click buy

yes, but when you go to purchase a book, you will get a message when it fails, I need to know please exactly what that message is please, word for word.

no, you know what? I know now, I didn't register my kindle right . thanks anyway

It now allows you to purchase?

Please let me know