E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am unable to buy books on my kobo. The reader has asked…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to buy books on my kobo . The reader has asked for my new credit card number which I have provided -the reader responds Oops Server trouble -what do i do?

Technician's Assistant: What Kobo model do you have?

Kobo aura

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kobo e-reader? What have you tried so far?

Two weeks-delete books

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answer please
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
With the Oops Server error, what error code # accompanies it, please? the error number is ***** since there are several types of server error, distinguished by their code #s.

If you will Reply To Expert and let me know, I will advise you appropriately as to what to do.

No number-just-unfortunately something happened while processing and this page could not be loaded

OK, then... make sure the Kobo has a good active connection to internet... e.g. open a web page or two to make sure of that, and re-connect if web pages don't come up.

Internet ok

With what page, or with what operation, does the server error come up, then, please describe in some detail.

After pushing buy indicator for new book Oops comes up

OK. Try syncing your books, then signing out of your Kobo account, then restart your Kobo device, then when it is restarted, sign back in, and try again. That sometimes cures this sort of error.

If that doesn't help, and if this happens with any book you try to buy - as opposed to just one so far - I advise you to contact Kobo customer care... especially since a credit card is involved.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)