E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have not had my Look Book on for a while. I charged it…

I have not had...

I have not had my Look Book on for a while. I charged it overnight but it won't come on.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

About a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No, I will try that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Still nothing. I had taken it off the charger and out of the case be for our chat. I still have nothing.

11/23/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you

Can you tell me the exact model of your device please?

Thank you

Shift3 LOOKBOOK Wireless Reader
Remove the charger from the unit and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Lookbook. Let me know the results please Thank you
Powered by KOBO

thanks, ***** ***** the last instructions I gave and let me know the results

Still nothing

thanks

When you connect the charger, does it show it is charging at all?

I want to continue this way, no phone call. Can you help me?

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

The screen won't come on so I can't tell if it is charged or not

Even when it has froze it will normally tell you it is charging depending on the issue.

Can you connect it to the USB port on your computer for a slow charge and tell me if you see it show then please.

I have done what you instructed, 2 times. Still nothing.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Lookbook to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Warranty is out. It is 3 years old. Thank you, ***** ***** good day.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Customer Service