E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am unable to Charge my Kindle. Tried Quick fix tips

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to Charge my Kindle

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Tried Quick fix tips

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

The kindle is down to 1% so will not respond
JUst tell me what to try Please
Where is the Tech

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I sent you a response, above, 5 minutes ago.

Please scroll up and read my prior reply.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.