E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can connect to wifi and the internet but when I try to…

Customer Question
I can connect to...

I can connect to wifi and the internet but when I try to link it to my account, I get a message that I'm unable to connect

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Its old. Model No, D01100 -

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A while. It is a back up and was not getting the books I bought on my Fire. I reset it to the original settings and now I can't set it back up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once turn off your device and turn it back on.
Let me know when this is done.

Done
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Is your Kindle connected to WiFi now?

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Are you trying to connect your amazon account?

also to the store and it won't let me in. I get a message that it isn't connected but I can get on the internet and I AM connected to WIFI
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Let me check please go to your WiFi settings.

ok Im there
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Do you see a your Wifi name?

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

If yes please press and hold on it and let me know what options you see.

Its my company Wifi - Brightwing PRI. Ive connected to the Wifi at home, at coffee shops and at other places. At all locations I can connect to the Wifi AND get on the internet. It is when I try to connect to my amazon account or shop for new books I have a problem The message I get says "Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please make sure you are within wireless range and try again. If the problem persists, restart your Kindle from the menu in Settings and try again" I have restarted it several times, reset to factory settings and I keep getting the same message.
I don't have the ability to hold for the Wifi details on this old Kindle. It isn't touch screen
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Could you please check for ip address on that WiFi name.

I cannot - the Kindle doesn't allow me to look at the details of the address. I am confident it is not my Wifi as I have the exact same problem at every location I have connected to, all with different wifi.
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Sorry to hear that.

In that case we would try to reset the kindle but you have already done that, I would probably suggest you to go for a new kindle device then.

Because on of the causes could also be the older software.

And since many updates in kindle came you may face this problem with an older model.

That is what I was thinking. Thanks for the help
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating.
And thank you so much for contacting Just Answer.

Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu