E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Dan! I saw two new books that I wanted to buy and when I…

Customer Question
Good morning, Dan! I...

Good morning, Dan! I saw two new books that I wanted to buy and when I tried to check my archive to make sure I hadn’t already ordered them, there was nothing there! What happened???

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model number: D00901. This one came out just before the PaperWhite, so I would guess it’s around 7 or 8 yrs old...?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven’t used it for a couple months. I charged it fully, went from yellow to green in approximately 15 min. And checked again. No luck.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 20 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.