E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have tried all steps featured to restart my kindle but it…

Customer Question
I have tried all...

I have tried all steps featured to restart my kindle but it still will not unfreeze

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It does not say probably one of the first ones out

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The forty seconds hold release and also the power for thirty minutes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
my kindle is also saying empty battery
11/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Cory, Technician replied 8 months ago
Cory
Cory, Technician

Welcome, I am Cory. Thank you for using Justanswer.

Please follow these steps:

Plug in the Kindle to charge for 15 minutes.

Once 15 minutes passes, please keep it on the charger and hold in the power button/on switch for 40 seconds to reset it.

Keep it on the charger for 15 additional minutes.

Let me know if it unfreezes after you follow these steps.

I am trying to unfreeze my kindle which is quite old but it keeps saying empty battery and i have tried the 40 second slide switch and done the power method and no response ive done all that no response

Please follow these steps:

still nothing
still no response

You are not following the steps. It is not possible to plug it in to charge for 15 minutes after only 2 minutes have passed.

Please follow these steps:

Plug in the Kindle to charge for 15 minutes. (If it is plugged in already, please unplug for 10 seconds to restart the process.)

I have tried that method for two days but I will try it again thanks
Let me know the outcome
will do
still no joy
waiting for a reply thanks
How long have you had it?
probably 10 years
I'm sorry to say this, but it is suffering a hardware failure. You will need to purchase a new one. S
Don't worry, you will not lose any purchases. I wish I had better news.Cory
ok many thanks so will i still be charged or will i get a refund
It is up to you.