E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle readers is not holding battery very long any more. I…

Customer Question
Kindle readers is not...

Kindle readers is not holding battery very long any more. I could use it for many days now it only hold for less than a day?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle paper Lite CE700

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just a couple of weeks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Approximately how old is your Kindle?

about 3-4 years

Hi Barbara,

After 3-4 years, the battery will wear out and will no longer be able to hold sufficient charge.

The battery will need to be replaced.

If you ask Amazon, they may even send you a replacement device, at their discretion.

To arrange the repair or exchange, please see:

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201818950

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------