Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Is it possible to fix my kindle? I left the power saving

Customer Question

is it possible to fix my kindle? I left the power saving screen on for a bit too long and now 3/4 of it stays there permanently
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it's fairly new, I'm not fully sure because I bought it off a friend a while ago
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it's been stuck like this for nearly a month. tried holding the power button for 40 seconds
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Model no.EY21
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 12 months ago.

My name is Randy,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you.

This may be caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I've already tried that and 3/4 of the screen still shows the lock screen

unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.

Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. Then check. If that fails then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.

Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have also tried holding the power button whilst my kindle was plugged in.How can I get a refund? There is no way I am paying $39 to be told to do everyrything I've already done and then told to buy a new kindle!

I am sorry for any difficulty. I am not sure about any of the fees. I only do the tech support. However our service is backed by 100 % guarantee and customer service will be glad to answer any account questions for you.