E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My first Kindle Fire was given to me Christmas 2014! I️ used…

My first Kindle Fire was...
My first Kindle Fire was given to me Christmas 2014 ! I️ used it constantly! Loved It bought books , loved it ! In May 2017 , it quit ! I️ have not been able to start it ! I️ have a second one and a third one but would like to check the first one to be sure I️ have taken everything off of it ? Is that possible ??
11/22/2017
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your problematic first Kindle Fire for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Is there any power / light? Is there anything showing on the first Kindle Fire's screen now?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - E-reader Tech
The Kindle fire comes on it that is al lol Thenfor a second the second page shows for a second then out goes right off when u try to go further goes back to Kindle fire!
Ok let’s try to figure this out !should I️ just throw it out
Phone call session started

Can you please connect the first Kindle Fire to a computer?

Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer? What's the make / model of your computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

No unable to do that

What's the make / model of your computer, if you have one?

My laptop is down I️ am going to buy a new one after Thanksgiving not on Friday

I see. Please charge your first kindle for a few minutes, and while charging it, press and hold the Power on / off button for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Do you also have a tablet or smartphone?

Thank you.

I️ am using my smartphone to talk to u ! I️ am charging it now ! It is down to 21per cent

While charging the 1st Kindle, press and hold the Power on / off button for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Is it an Android smartphone or iPhone?

Where is this powerbutton you keep talking about ?
iPhone

It's the button where you turn on or off the kindle. Which one is your 1st kindle fire as shown at the website below?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200127470

- Would you like me to show you how to read Kindle books on your iPhone?

Remember I️ am a dummy about these smart things!!!

That's okay. The Power button is the button where you would turn on the Kindle when it is off.

- Which one is your 1st kindle fire as shown at the website below?

I️ am waiting for your call ! Getting tired
How do I️ edit my phone number?

Connected, working on phone.

Thank you for the phone call. Summary:

- The old Kindle Fire is bad, so please get a new Fire, then you will get back all your books and music on the new Fire.

How to delete a book on the Kindle Paperwhite:

1. Go to your book library on the Paperwhite.
  2. Tap on the option called on Device (or Downloaded), usually near the top.
  3. Tap and hold on the book you want to delete, then a menu should appear, then select the remove / delete option.

- In the future, to read a deleted book again on the Paperwhite:

2. Tap on the option called Cloud, usually near the top.
  3. Tap on the deleted book you want to read again.

- The user's guide / manual for your Kindle Paperwhite is at

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/customerdocumentation/EM/Kindle_User_Guide_EN-US.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201756340

, and/or at

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201756120

- If needed, you can see all your kindle books at the website below:

https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

If you need anything else, please let me know anytime. Thank you very much.

Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician