E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My screen just went dark and I can’t revive it, I think the

My screen just went dark...
My screen just went dark and I can’t revive it
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I think the model is P48WV04. It is very hard to see. My best guess is that it is between 3 and 4 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just happened. I tried to turn it off and on but it shows nothing. Thought maybe the power cord would help but didn’t
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I have nothing to add
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle Fire device for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Please stay with me on this page. Does it do anything when you keep holding the Power on / off button on your Kindle for a long time, like for about 45 seconds?

- Is there any power / light at all? Is there anything on the Kindle's screen now?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can troubleshoot the issue further if there is still issue. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Nothing happened no light it seems to be coming to life and it has loaded a book so I guess it need a 45 second hold. Thankyou

You're welcome. Great. Yes, to refresh the Kindle, you need to hold the Power on / off button for a long time, for about 45 seconds. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top right of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you very much,

Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician