E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle just quit and is blinking even though it is

Customer Question
My kindle just quit...

My kindle just quit and is blinking even though it is charged.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Serial #boo2a

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

1a092333602

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know how old it is as I got it from my son in law and I'm on thier account and don't know the #

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,