E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Mr. T. I received a Kindle for Christmas from my brother. I…

Hello Mr. T....

Hello Mr. T. I received a Kindle for Christmas from my brother. I just loved it, but at some point it died and I returned it to Amazon and they sent me a Kindle Fire which I have been happily using ever since. What I liked the best about getting the new Kindle was that it contained all the books and stuff on my first Kindle. My Kindle Fire has been happily used since then, but now it has a problem. It won't stay charged. I leave it on the charger when I go to bed so it has a fresh charge in the morning. I am retired after 30 years nursing, and spend a good deal of time crocheting for charities in the Boston area. I love to listen to books while crocheting. That's why I was SO happy to get the new Kindle Fire. But now, it was fully charged at 6 when I got up and now, just 2 hours later I get the warning to plug it in to the charger because the battery is almost dead. I have always put my Kindle Fire on the charger when taking a break from stitching or eating, but this is a bit much. I figure I've worn it out using it SOOO much, but I still crochet stuff for charity and still love to listen to my books while stitching. I'll be happy to return it to Amazon, like I did the last one, but I need to know where to send it. I will also be happy to get a new Kindle, providing it will contain the same stuff I have on this one. Please help. I've been tring to reach Amazon about this since the battery started having trouble holding a charge, but haven't been able to reach you. FRUSTRATED

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I don't know what the model is but it is a couple of years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has not been keeping a charge very long for a couple of weeks and I don't know what you mean by 'troubleshooting'.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Just HELP!

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try on the Kindle and try using it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
Hello again. I help the power button for a minute. The screen went blank then kindle fire came on the screen for a few seconds. This happened a few times, then kindle came on the screen in white and 'fire' as yellow. That went off while I was typing, and I just turned it on and got what I guess is my 'home page' and the battery indicator on the top right of the screen shows 3/4 full.
Phone call session started

Can you please provide me the phone number to call you on

I have waited more than 5 minutes and that's enough. I'll keep using my Kindle fire as long as it works at all, and I know you're doing your best and won't give a bad review.

ok, I am a little confused sorry by your response as I asked you for your phone number to call you and you replied instead with this message.. why is that?