E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle has been jumping to the first chapter when I turn…

Customer Question
My kindle has been...

My kindle has been jumping to the first chapter when I turn it off. Is there a way to find where I left off without manually pressing the next page key?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Ha ha it is the first kindle they sold

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is the third time it has happened. I tried syncing it but that is it. There doesn’t t seem to be anything in the menu to help at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is it. Thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 9 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you