E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My kindle won't charge .I have tried to reboot but I can't…

My kindle won't charge...

My kindle won't charge .I have tried to reboot but I can't get it off the charge screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle paperwhite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have not been able to charge for several days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried different cables and different power outlets

11/21/2017
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.If the screen is still unresponsive, plug in your device using the USB cord or power adapter that came with it. Then try charging the Kindle tablet with a wall outlet power adapter. Let the device charge for 30 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.
If that fails, unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,
You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician