E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a samsung galaxy tablet with the amazon kindle app. I…

Customer Question
I have a samsung...

I have a samsung galaxy tablet with the amazon kindle app. I have a hundred books that have been read and deleted. They still show up in the all items. I cannot find any way to delete those books I don't want anymore. Help please

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Samsung galaxy tab4 and maybe 3 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Don't really know how to troubleshoot on tablet. When Amazon Kindle app is open I can download books and read, then delete. But I cannot delete them from all items because once they are read there is not a check mark. If I hold down on the book a big check comes up but no option to trash, just to reload that book back into my library

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

My device storage is full keeps coming up and I have deleted several games and most all of the books and it is still full. My app store won't stay open, I guess because I have no room. Makes no sense because I don't have anything hardly on it. In the past I have had 40 or so books downloaded in my library and had no storage problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The books are stored on the Amazon server and they will continue to show up on your Kindle app until you delete them from the account itself.

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/mycd

Sign into your account

From Your Content, change the Show drop-down menu to the appropriate category, if needed.

Select the title(s) that you want to delete, and then select Delete.

To confirm, select Yes, delete permanently.

The hundred or so books that are in my all items (which have all been read) do not show up on amazon. There were a few books that I deleted from Amazon a month or so ago. My huge list of read books are not on amazon so I am assuming they are taking up all of my tablet space somewhere else

Do you know where they were purchased from?

as a matter of fact my samsung galaxy tablet is not listed as a device on amazon. I also have a kindle fire 7 and it is the only device listed

It sounds like the tablet is registered to another Amazon account.

the books? They were all purchased from the kindle store
through my kindle app

If they are not showing up through the website then the app is signed into another Amazon account.

I only have the one account. How can I find out?

Did you click on my link before and see if they appear on the Amazon account?

I clicked on your link and it is just my kindle fire 7 listed.

Have you tried a factory reset on the tablet?