E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Having trouble charging. Seems like the charging port is…

Customer Question
Having trouble charging....

Having trouble charging. Seems like the charging port is loose or the charger is not fitting in the hole properly. This is an old Kindle from Amazon.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Amazon...don't know model. Kindle fire. About 7 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Has been getting harder and harder to charge for about 2 months. I have to keep wiggleing the charger to get it to hold. Have tried other chargers with no improvement.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Battery has never been replaced. Would also like to know if my books can be transferred to a new kindle if I must get a new one.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Yes, all books are stored on the Amazon server and they would transfer to the new Kindle when you register it to your Amazon account.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!