E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have used my Kindle for almost a year. I have never used a…

Customer Question
I have used my...

I have used my Kindle for almost a year. I have never used a password. Now it is asking me for the password! What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I have had it since the middle of January. It has Amozon typed on the front.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started this morning. I have done no troubleshooting. I don't know how or what to do.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your kindle, such as Paperwhite or Fire, etc.?

Does the Kindle let you go to menu / Settings?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Please stay with me on this page. What kind of password ***** ***** Kindle asking for, such as device login's password, Wi-Fi / wireless password, Amazon account password, etc.?

It is an Amazon. That is all I know about it..

What kind of password ***** ***** Kindle asking for, such as device login's password, Wi-Fi / wireless password, Amazon account password, etc.?

- Please tell me exactly everything it is showing at the password *****
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,