E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am having all kinds of problems with my original kindle.

Customer Question
I am having all...

I am having all kinds of problems with my original kindle. It just deleted both a sample book and the purchased book I was in the middle of reading.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I had to get a magnifying glass. Model No.D00701.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I do not have a clue as to how to trouble shoot.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I am freaking out. Plus, it skips pages sometimes.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.