E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The bottom half of my reader is garbled and is not readable.

Customer Question
The bottom half of...

The bottom half of my reader is garbled and is not readable

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is about 8 yrs old and the $79.00 model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have charged AND TURNED IT OFF AND BACK on the next day

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

there is no difference in the screen. the green light is on,

Thanks

Can you still get to settings on the device?

no I will not call.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

no i will not call

yes I saw that in your last message and I replied