E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have the Nook HD. It is stuck and flashing on 99%. How can…

Customer Question
Hi I have the...

Hi I have the Nook HD. It is stuck and flashing on 99%. How can I fix it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I am not sure.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried turning it off and on while holding the nook button.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 9 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your nook will work normally again.

1. Hold the Power and Home key simultaneously.(up to 60 seconds if needed)
  2. Release the Power and Home key once the NOOK logo appears. A Factory Reset prompt will appear.
  3. To continue, press the Home key.

To exit, press the Power key

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

did that work for you?