E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My lindle is not responding, can't turn pages etc. Have lots

My lindle is not responding...
My lindle is not responding, can't turn pages etc. Have lots of books on it. Do thry quit working after they have been nused for some time? Can ypu trouble shoot?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle reader, I've had it fore some time but don't remember when I bought it. I first bought a kindfle fire ,ut didn't like it so I bougfht the simple reader & gave the fire to a neighbor.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just started this afternoon. Only trouble shooting I've attempted is going to the symbols at top of page & trying the reset your kindle. It takes forever to even get the thinh to change froma page & get t0 the top of the page part to show up.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: o, just want to know if this can be fixed on lint, do I need to purchase a new kindle or what?
11/20/2017
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

did that work for you?

Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
There is no power button to slide or press
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Just want kindle fixed or replaced
Viet - E-reader Tech
Phone call session started

Summary: I've called you, but there is hearing issue and your phone caption is not working, so I'm emailing you.

- There should be an On / Off button on your Kindle.

- Please press and hold the On / Off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- If needed, please click on the website below for the user's guide / manual of your Kindle, so you can locate the Power On / Off button on your Kindle:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200317150

, there, select your Kindle model first

, and/or at

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202049100

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician