E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Yesterday my Kindle started turning off. I charged it and it…

Customer Question
Yesterday my Kindle started...

Yesterday my Kindle started turning off. I charged it and it still turns off seconds after the opening screen appears. It only blinks on for a second. I've had it about 1-2 years.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I can't find my original paperwork.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's in a Fintie Original case.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

There's a small button at the end where the charger connects.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

1. Connect your Kindle to the charger for 5 minutes.

2. After 5 minutes while still connected to the charger press and hold the power button/switch for up to 1 minute or until the screen turns on which ever is shorter.

3. After it turns on leave on the charger until fully charged.

Let me know if this resolves your issue. If it does please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you. If not reply back to me.

Unfortunately that did not work.
It blinked on and then off, while I had the button pushed.
Do you have another suggestion?

I apologize for the late reply. Can you try the solution one more time, it can take 1-2 tries for it to work properly.

I've tried multiple times. It blinks on for just a few seconds.It's odd since it cam on all of a sudden. I have been very happy with the Kindle until this episode.

Understood, how long have you had your device?

1-2 years

OK, it appears your device has hardware failure which could be the battery. It is not holding a charge and the force start I had you try did not work. Since you are out off warranty period at this point.

Contact Kindle Support at(###) ###-#### For a trade-in fee, they will ship a replacement out to you. When you receive it, register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives.

Your other options in the mean time are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know. If you have any other questions, please ask.

I know this maybe not the exact solution you were hoping for but do to circumstances the correct answer I can provide you. Let me know if you have any further questions I will be glad to answer them. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.