E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have the Kindle app on an ipad reader. How do I remove…

Customer Question
I have the Kindle...

I have the Kindle app on an ipad reader. How do I remove books from the device or show that I have read them? Sheila

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

IPad 4 mini, approx 2 years old. Has all the latest app updates and ios updates

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since the last Kindle update.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No other than that I do not have any issues. Thank you. Sheila

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 7 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

I have an iPad mini 4 appr 2 yrs old with the latest version of the Kindle app. I do not know how to remove a book from the device in this version - there does not seem to be a way to do it. How do I do this and/or at least mark the books as read. I do not want to clog the memory on my device with books I have already read. Sheila

To delete books from the Kindle reading app on your Ipad, begin by opening the APP, simply locate the book that you want to remove, then press and hold the cover of the item until you see the option to Remove from device.

Please note: Deleting the book from your Kindle reading will not remove the item from your Kindle Library on Amazon.

Please try this and let me know the results. If you would like to remove books that you have read permanently, please let me know and I will provide instructions. for that as well.