E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle won't page forward or bacckward. I don't see any

Customer Question
Kindle won't page forward...

Kindle won't page forward or bacckward

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I don't see any model /make. It's less than 1 year old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The last few days. I have done nothing but tried to page backward and/forward

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,