E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle paperwhite, and the battery no longer

Customer Question
Hello. i have a...

Hello. i have a kindle paperwhite, and the battery no longer recharges adequately. it needs recharging every few days by now. Where can I find a new battery and how do I replace it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle 5.9.2. I don't remember its age - a couple of years.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's a new phenomenon, and I try to drain the battery almost completely every time. No other troubleshooting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.