Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I received a Kindle as a gift and the account is under the

Customer Question

I received a Kindle as a gift and the account is under the person who gave it to me. How do I set it up under my name?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle paperwhite a couple of months old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we have not tried troubleshooting. however, in trying to register the device under a new name, we were concerned that by deregisteribg the device something would go wrong we are not techies
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think thats it thank you
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. It is necessary to de-register the device in order to re-register to your Amazon account. However, it may be best to reset it Factory Defaults so you can set it up as a brand new Kindle just like the day it first was taken out of the box. If you do that, it will automatically be de-registered during the reset process. Please let me know which router you would like to take and I will provide detailed instructions and will work with you until it is successfully registered in your name.