E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I received a Kindle as a gift and the account is under the…

Customer Question
I received a Kindle...

I received a Kindle as a gift and the account is under the person who gave it to me. How do I set it up under my name?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle paperwhite a couple of months old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We have not tried troubleshooting. however, in trying to register the device under a new name, we were concerned that by deregisteribg the device something would go wrong we are not techies

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I think thats it thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. It is necessary to de-register the device in order to re-register to your Amazon account. However, it may be best to reset it Factory Defaults so you can set it up as a brand new Kindle just like the day it first was taken out of the box. If you do that, it will automatically be de-registered during the reset process. Please let me know which router you would like to take and I will provide detailed instructions and will work with you until it is successfully registered in your name.