E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle fire won't charge. screen goes black after half a…

Customer Question
Kindle fire won't charge...

Kindle fire won't charge. screen goes black after half a minute

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindlefire about 3 + years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Its been a couple of days. I've taken off the cover, held down the OFF/On button for a minute of so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to delete books I.ve read and want to discard as I have a lot loaded and I wonder if I have reached a limit

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Cory, Technician replied 9 months ago
Cory
Cory, Technician

Welcome, I am Cory. Thank you for using Justanswer.

Please plug the Kindle into charge for 15 minutes.

Once 15 minutes passes, please press in and hold the power button for 40 seconds to reset it.

Please leave it on the charger for 15 more minutes and let me know if it is working.