E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The charge light is red instead of orange. What does this…

Customer Question
The charge light is...

The charge light is red instead of orange. What does this mean\?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Good question. The cover

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Oops, sent too soon. Bought it about 3 1/2 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Red light just today when I plugged it in. Tried the soft reboot. No go.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 8 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!The red light indicates that the battery is completely dead.
Try charging the Kindle tablet with a wall outlet power adapter.
Let the device charge for 30 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.
If it does not power on,Press and hold, or slide and hold, the Power button for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes blank, then let go. Press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.
Today the light started out but then went off even when plugged into an outlet. I discovered last night that coffee had been spilled in the bag it was in and it is obvious that it seeped into the Nook.
I let it sit overnight but it is probably not dry inside. Can I open it to let it dry or will it eventually dry on its own? If it will dry, will any coffee residue effect the electronics
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Okay, it will be best to let it dry on it's own without disassembling.
Place it in a warm area or in a plastic bag with rice or desiccant packs(silica gel). When it dries it should be okay.
Will do. How long would you suggest before trying to charge?
48 hours if you place in a warm area and use the silica gel.
Don't have the gel. Am going away for 10 days so will bag it with some rice and try charging upon return. Can I will communicate using the current fee that was charged me. That is, how long does one "exchange" last?
that will work.
You can reply here anytime, let me know how it goes when you return.
Rather than call before using the drying technique I prefer to wait to see if it will charge when I return home.
My previous question was asking how many days does the "chat" fee last. That is, can I continue this chat in 10 days for the fee currently charged?
Will do. Thanks for the help. Signing off.Mark
you can continue as long as you like.