E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

How can I track my child's history on her Amazon Fire

Customer Question
How can I track my...
How can I track my child's history on her Amazon Fire Tablet?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure. She moved to our home in February and brought it with her. I believe she got it for Christmas 2016. Is there a place to check it on the screen?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am trying to access "Monitor This Profile" in the Activity Center under Parental Controls
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Another granddaughter says that this child was on Amazon Silk watching inappropriate videos yesterday. I do not see Amazon Silk in the icons and think that maybe she comes and goes on it without our knowledge.
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: E-Readers
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 24 days ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Use Amazon FreeTime to provide your child with a customized Fire tablet experience . Before your child can use Amazon FreeTime on your Fire tablet, you need to create a lock screen password ***** PIN and a profile for your child. Help for Kindle Fire HD (3rd Generation), Kindle Fire HDX 7" (3rd Generation), and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" (3rd Generation).

Note: Amazon FreeTime automatically blocks access to the Silk Browser and Kindle content stores, disables location-based services, in-app purchases, and social media features, and requires your lock screen password ***** access Amazon FreeTime settings or enable or disable wireless connectivity.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings, and then tap Profiles & Family Library.
  2. Tap Add Child.

Note: If you don't have a lock screen PIN set for your device, you will need to set one in order for your child to use Amazon FreeTime. Your lock screen PIN is different than your Parental Controls password. To learn more, go to Set a Lock Screen Password ***** PIN.

3. From the Add Child Profile screen, select Tap to set photo to add a profile picture.
  4. Enter your child's name, birthdate, and gender, and then select:
    • Use Amazon FreeTime - For children ages eight and younger, this profile type locks the tablet to portrait orientation - perfect for picture books and educational content.
    • Use Teen Profiles - For children nine and older, this profile type gives older kids the look and feel of a Fire tablet, with all of the same security and protection of the Amazon FreeTime profile.

Note: You can create up to four child profiles in Amazon FreeTime.

5. Tap Add Profile, and then select content to add to your child's profile.

Tip: From here, you have the option to sign up for Amazon FreeTime Unlimited.

6. Tap Done to save all settings and create the profile.
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 23 days ago

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Okay. Thank you. I decided to return the Fire to factory settings since I don't know what all she had downloaded, etc. or had on another account since she moved to our home with the table already in her possession. Now when it asks me to register the tablet, it won't accept our Amazon account information.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I'd rather not call yet--until I find out if the $36 charge has been taken off my account.

Yes this is paid service so there is a charge for it.

I can help you with your Amazon account information or issue a refund instead but this is a paid service.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Okay, thanks. I will set up the live phone call sometime after 1 pm CST.

No problem -- let me know when you are ready.

Josh, Technician