E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have the new 2nd generation kindle oasis. It does NOT

Customer Question
I have the new...

I have the new 2nd generation kindle oasis. It does NOT respond to touch inputs. How do you work the darn thing?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Brand new, version 2 of the oasis

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just got it, can't figure out how to make it work! The paper white worked with touch swipes. This Oasis does not respond to anything I try to do - not to touch, not to the buttons on the side.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I may be dumb, but it should not be hard/ impossible to work the device

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your new Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that do anything? What's showing on your new Kindle's screen now?

- If needed, have you charged the new Kindle yet?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Does it do anything when you keep holding the Power on / off button on your new Kindle for a long time, like for about 45 seconds?

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,