E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My Kindle was doiong a software upgrade and said dont turn

it off. I turned it...
My Kindle was doiong a software upgrade and said dont turn it off. I turned it off and now it is stuck with the upgrade about 3/4 of the way thru. What can I do
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: About 3 years old and not the delux model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 1 day and the only thing I tried was to push the button and hold it tell the yellow lights blinked maybe 5 times. I would continue holding it thinking the green light would come on but it would not
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it
11/18/2017
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info. If that fails you will need to update the Kindle using a computer. Let me know the Kindle model if it does not work please.

did that work for you?

Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician