E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have lost my kindle what do i do. Kindle paper ..about 5…

Customer Question
I have lost my...

I have lost my kindle what do i do

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle paper white..about 5 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just today

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 8 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
If your Amazon device has been lost or stolen, you should de-register it from your account first.De-registering your device will prevent purchases from being made on your Amazon account using the device. Before deregistering, please make note of your device's serial number. You can find this in Manage Your Content and Devices under the Your Devices tab. When you contact Amazon Customer Service, we will mark the device as “Lost / Stolen” which prevents the device from being registered to another Amazon account in most cases.To de-register your device:Go to Manage Your Content and Devices and select the Your Devices tab.
Select the desired device, copy its serial number to provide to Customer Service, then click the Deregister link underneath the device name.
In the pop-up message, select the Deregister button.
Once your device has been de-registered, you should contact Amazon Customer Service as soon as possible. You can contact Amazon Customer Service by clicking the Contact Us button located on the left side of every Help page on the Amazon website.
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.