E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I lost my Kindle on a plane flight yesterday. What do I need

Customer Question
to do? JA: What's the make/model...
I lost my Kindle on a plane flight yesterday. What do I need to do?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure. Basic one I purchased @ 1year ago
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I lost my kindle. What do I need to do to cancel?
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: E-Readers
11/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 26 days ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
If your Amazon device has been lost or stolen, you should de-register it from your account and contact Amazon Customer Service.De-registering your device will prevent purchases from being made on your Amazon account using the device. Before deregistering, please make note of your device's serial number. You can find this in Manage Your Content and Devices under the Your Devices tab. When you contact Amazon Customer Service, we will mark the device as “Lost / Stolen” which prevents the device from being registered to another Amazon account in most cases.To de-register your device:Go to Manage Your Content and Devices and select the Your Devices tab.
Select the desired device, copy its serial number to provide to Customer Service, then click the Deregister link underneath the device name.
In the pop-up message, select the Deregister button.
Once your device has been de-registered, you should contact Amazon Customer Service as soon as possible. You can contact Amazon Customer Service by clicking the Contact Us button located on the left side of every Help page on the Amazon website.
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician