E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle Fire is about five years old. I am having trouble…

My Kindle Fire is...

My Kindle Fire is about five years old. I am having trouble charging due to the cord not making a sure connection. If I try to wiggle the cord a bit, turn it over sometimes I can get the charge light to come on but only about one of maybe four days a week.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I believe my husband bought it for me in December f 2012

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This has been a problem for several months. I have rebooted it often and the power still comes back.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I believe it is just the connection port....it seems to be worn out. I have sprayed it out, and used different chargers including a new one ordered from Amazon.

11/18/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Josh, Technician
I believe my husband bought it for me in December 2012
I have just rebooted it...and it currently is plugged into the wall.
Phone call session started

If that does not work, please provide me with a phone number.

land line #***-***-****