E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Something changed on my fire he 2nd generation overnight.

Something changed on my...

Something changed on my fire he 2nd generation overnight

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle fire he 8 q

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried everything on the Kindle. It is less than a year old...it is my 7th Kindle...it was fine when I fell asleep and wrong when I woke. The operating process is different and unresponsive

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

If this is an update I don't want it

11/18/2017
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

did that work for you?

It is fine....an Amazon tech fixed it without my having to reboot....thanks Paula

Thats great!

If I have another problem that is a good idea....thanks

your welcome!

Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician