E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can't get the remote to work. Just installed everything…

Customer Question
I can't get the...

I can't get the remote to work. Just installed everything else.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Just got it. 802.11ac 1080p Quad Core. Is that what you mean? I has Alexa Voice control.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just got it plugged into my wifi and now the remote won't do anything. I tried taking the batteries out and putting them back in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

What is an E-reader?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Can you help me yet? I've been waiting since 9:17PM.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed. Likewise Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders ourability to reply.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the fire tv.

Remove the batteries from the remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the fire power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the remote

when you see the fire logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the fire remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

I did everything you said including fresh batteries. The TV has fireTVstick and there is a............The intro/introduction is playing and won't let me interrupt to see if the remote works and it doesn't while the intro is on. The intro is finished and the remote still does not work.
This is beginning to cost alot. Please call soon. I will appreciate that - I am handicapped.
Can you please help me?
Are you there?
Can you give me online advice? It seems to be working now. Please do not charge me the $20 for a phone call.
I’m sorry I missed you. Again as I asked before please do not send more than one reply and give me time to respond back. I’m glad it is working again for you. I will cancel the call portion for you.