E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am in Australia and have been gifted a Kindle Paper. I…

Customer Question
Hello, I am in...

Hello, I am in Australia and have been gifted a Kindle Paper White. I have registered the device and also have redeemed a gift voucher. How do I set the kindle to debit from the gift voucher balance and not from the credit card that is linked to the device. The billing address is for South Aftica which is also causing some problem as the device and I are now in Australia.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a kindle paperwhite and is brand new

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Last night tried to make some puchases. seemed successful initially and then the purchases were reversed. i emailed about the card being a Load&Go Reloadable visa card that I am using while travelling in Australia but i put my regular billing address as south africa as this is where i live. I received a mail that the account had been restored. managed to buy a few books and was again stopped saying that I wasnt in the country of the billing address. My brother then sent me a gift voucher. I redeemed the gift card but then was unable to make a purchase using the gift money in my account because I was on the 1 click buying option.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, please connect me

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach another company. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with the company you are trying to reach. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.

i think it was a mistake and I'd like my money refunded. I apologise for the trouble caused.