E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just got my kindle paperwhite and it seems like it was…

Customer Question
Hi there I just...

Hi there I just got my kindle paperwhite and it seems like it was already registered in somebody else's account, when i go to settings to reset device the option it is grey out

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I just got it from amazon

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I received it around noon and I have been trying different ways

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I need you to tell me how to reset it and register it to my Kindle account

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Which model Kindle do you have?

Kindle paper white 6 th edition
  1. Tap Menu→Settings.

2. Tap Menu→Reset Device.

3. When you see the warning, tap Yes

The problem is that setting button is grey out I can’t tap on it

Did you buy the Kindle used?

Refurbished from amazon

It sounds like Amazon did not factory reset it properly or the Kindle is damaged.

Would you be okay to try and register it over the phone?