E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I do not know how to set up my new kindle e reader to my…

Customer Question
I do not know...

I do not know how to set up my new kindle e reader to my Amazon account I do not know where this home button is. Is it on my e reader or on my fire where I am writing this memo. My serial number for my e reader is 801114071476002c. My reader says to use an existing account which I do not know the correct login or the password. What s next?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

I just got this from Amazon today it is a touch e reader

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Since I don't have anyone else to set it up so I am older so pleas and this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What login I'd do I use and where do I find the password ***** on my fire

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Your Kindle / Amazon account login is your email address. Now, to reset your Amazon account password, please click on the website below:

https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

, then there, enter your email address, then continue, and click on the option Forgot your password, and follow the instructions there.
Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Note: If the above website, does not work, please follow the instructions at the website below for resetting your Amazon account password:

https://www.amazon.com/password

- Are you stuck at any step?

- Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

Note: The Home button is the circle icon located at the bottom of your Fire tablet's screen.

- The instructions manual for your Fire is at the website below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200127470

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.