E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How can I delete a book I do not like? I pad...2years old, I…

Customer Question
How can I delete...

How can I delete a book I do not like?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I pad...2years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am a new Kindle customer,and I started reading a book I do not want to continue but have no idea how to stop it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Actually,I need to know how to order a book also

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 5 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 5 months ago

It sounds like you are trying to delete the books in the kindle app in the iPad. There are two ways to deleting the book. You can press and hold the book, you will get a prompt to Remove from device or Delete permanently. If you select Remove from device- It will delete only from this device and if you select Delete permanently- It will delete from the kindle cloud. If that doesn't works Try that other way to deleting the book given below.

In the Kindle app, you have a Library with all of your books. Book samples and PDFs you've downloaded to your device can be deleted, but e-books you've purchased are stored in the Kindle Cloud and cannot be deleted within the app or on Kindle devices. They can, however, be archived, which means the book is removed from the Kindle app on your iPhone or iPad but remains in the Cloud and available to be re-downloaded at any time. To delete a book from the Kindle app on iPhone or iPad:

1. Open the Kindle app on your iPad or iPhone.
  2. Navigate to your Library. You can do this by selecting the icon in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Tap either Library or All Items.
  4. At the bottom, select Device. Now you're viewing only the books downloaded to your iPhone or iPad. These are the books you're able to read even when you're offline (no Wi-Fi or cellular connection).
  5. In the bottom left corner is an icon that lets you switch between viewing your items in list mode and grid mode.
  6. If you’re viewing your items in list mode, archive a book or delete a sample by swiping left and selecting either Delete (samples & PDFs) or Archive (purchased books).
  7. If you’re viewing your items in grid mode, tap and hold to see your options such as Delete Permanently (samples & PDFs) or Remove from Device (purchased books).

Books removed (archived) from your device will still be found in the Kindle Cloud. See below to learn how to permanently delete Kindle books from the cloud. It’s good to be aware, however, that if you delete a book from the Kindle Cloud, it’s gone. That means you will have to buy it again if you decide to go back and read that book. However, books deleted from your device remain in the Kindle Cloud in case you ever want to read them again. Archiving your books allows your iPhone or iPad to create more space while not permanently deleting the books you’ve previously purchased.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

I am a new kindle unlimited customer and am having trouble finding,ordering ,and getting rid of books I don't want!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I am a new Kindle Unlimited customer,and I need help finding and ordering books....also how to I get out of a book I don't want?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't know how to do any Trouble shooting!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Please help me! I am 89years old and live alone!

replied 5 months ago

You can visit to the store and find the books or you can visit to this site https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Store/b?ie=UTF8&node=133140011 and You can order selected Kindle books from the Kindle Store.

Although you can't shop for Kindle content directly from the Kindle reading app, you can purchase content from the Kindle Store using the Safari browser and, during that process, deliver Kindle titles to the Kindle reading app on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.

Your device must be connected to a wireless or data network in order to download Kindle content to your Kindle reading app.

Note: If you're shopping for a companion Audible audiobook, first tap More, and then tap Read and Listen with Audible. Kindle for iOS will match titles in your Kindle Library with their audio companions.

1. From the Safari browser, visit the Kindle Store website:
  2. Sign in to the Kindle Store with the same Amazon account you used when you registered the Kindle reading app.
  3. Browse for Kindle titles you want to read:
    • To buy a companion Audible audiobook title, visit Your Lists within the Kindle Store and tap Buy Now with 1-Click.
    • To buy a book or one issue of a magazine or newspaper, tap Buy Now with 1-Click.
    • To subscribe to a periodical, tap Subscribe now.
  4. Click Read now to open the book in your Kindle app.

After you purchase content, your titles are automatically made available for download within the Kindle app on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. From the Library screen of the app, tap on a cover to download that title. You can tap on as many titles as you need, but only three will download simultaneously. All other titles will download according to the order they were added . A checkmark will appear when the download is complete. Books with larger files may take longer to download.

Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan