E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Why won't my kindle charge. I do not know. it was a gift. I…

Customer Question
Why won't my kindle...

Why won't my kindle charge

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I do not know. it was a gift

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't know how to trouble shoot

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.