E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle was workimg in the morning and was dead in the…

Customer Question
My kindle was workimg...

My kindle was workimg in the morning and was dead in the afternoon.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a kindle fire almost 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Its been dead 5 days.ive tried charging it to no avail

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Since it wont come on I don't know what to do. can I send it somewhere?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I never received an answer until just now. I figured out the problem myself.I couldve saved my $5.
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago

Hi there

I did reply to you though 1 minute affter you posted your question.

Is it now working?