E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle will no longer accept the plug charger, as looking…

Customer Question
My Kindle will no...

My Kindle will no longer accept the plug charger, as looking closely at the entrance at the bottom of the Kindle it looks kaput and just won't hold the plug in place. I am currently paying for a 'Daily Mail' newspaper and can no longer access this to read, so want to cancel the subscription until I buy a new Kindle.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is at least 4 years old and it is the model that includes the reading light.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I thought at first that it was the plug that wouldn't plug into my Kindle. YOu will see that I ordered two new replacement cables yesterday. These arrived and neither will stay connected to the Kindle and if you look closely at the port, you can see that the inside appears to be broken, It has been like this for the last week or so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Can it be sent somewhere for repair or do I need to buy a new model?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Does the plug still fit into the hole on the Kindle?

No, when you try to insert, the plug won't stay in place and no connection is being made and the orange charge light does not appear

thanks

Do you have another charger there? Most phone chargers will fit it

Please let me know

I received two new chargers today and neither will fit in sufficiently to make a contact for the Kindle to charge up. I also object to having to pay for advice that should be complimentary.

ah ok no probllem, if you do not wish to pay, speak to customer service for a refund and all the best resolving your issue.

Thank you

Hi Richard,You are flagged as Customer Service on your website, so why can't you refund this?

No I am an expert.

You go here for a refund

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0