E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I have a Kindle Fire Generation 2 that is fully charged but

will not start when...
I have a Kindle Fire Generation 2 that is fully charged but will not start when pushing the start button
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle 2nd Generation 4 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About one month off and on and now will not start at all.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle Fire for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Is there any power / light at all?

- Is there anything showing on the Kindle's screen?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Kindle Fire came on for about 5 seconds and then shut downNow the screen is blank

It looks like hardware issue, but can you charge the Kindle to both the power outlet and the computer and check?

Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It looks as if I can charge through power outlet and from computerWindows 10

Please try connecting the Kindle to the power outlet and/or to the computer, and hold the Power on / off button for about 40 seconds while it's connecting, and check.

If needed, do you have another cable / charger to try?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Connected Power and held start button down after 10 seconds came on 'Kindle Fire" and then went off after about 5 seconds, did not start.I have tried three different power cords to outlet and two differnt cables to computer. No difference

I'm sorry, unfortunately, in this case, it is a hardware issue. The kindle is a few years old, and it had trouble on and off for a month as you said, so you need a new kindle.

- In the mean time, if you'd like to, I can show you how to read your Kindle books on your computer and/or on a tablet / smartphone if you have.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
OK. Sounds as if it is time to give up and replace my KindleThanks

You're welcome. You can sign in your Amazon account and read your Kindle books at the website below on your computer:

http://read.amazon.com

- And/or if you have a tablet or smartphone, you can read your Kindle books in the Kindle app, which you can download / install from the Play Store or App Store app icon on the tablet / smartphone.

- Do you need anything else today?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
OK
I think we are done.Good Night

If you need help with anything else later on, please let me know anytime. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top right of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Good night! Thank you very much,

Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician