E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am unable to purchase books as it appears to be rejecting…

I am unable to...

I am unable to purchase books as it appears to be rejecting my credit card. I have also purchased an Amazon gift card and also tried using that number but it still would not accept payment.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is almost 2 years old and the model is CE 0700 EAC Amazon

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It appears to have started when I recently updated my credit card details with a new credit card. It initially accepted and I purchased a book, but it is now not accepting it. I have tried to purchase the book with an Amazon Gift Card, but it would not accept the number provided.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's all thank you.

11/16/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please the message you get when you try to purchase a book?

Please let me know

Thank you for your response Richard. I have been able to purchase a book this morning using my credit card details. But the gift voucher I purchased from Amazon still does not work. The message is Promotional Codes Invalid Code Try Again. I have tried a number of times and checked the code but it is not going through. If I cannot use the code is it possible to receive a refund for the $50 voucher?Thank you
Val

Can you tell me where you received the promotion from?

Thank you

I purchased a gift voucher for myself from Amazon which I thought was for buying books on Kindle, as it was not accepting my credit card.

ok, try to add the code to your account please.

Follow the steps here to do this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=518228

Let me know please how you go

Richard, Customer Service
I have now found out that I should have purchased the voucher from Amazon Australia to be able to use it for my Kindle. It is very annoying that is not made clear when purchasing vouchers. I imagine this happens often. I now have a $50 voucher which I do not require. Given the problem has not been resolved will I still be charged $35? Thank you.