E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My fire just stopped accepting a charge.i tried a brand new…

Customer Question
My fire just stopped...

My fire just stopped accepting a charge.i tried a brand new charger with no luck. last time this happened, you exchanged my tablet but I lost all my data....I am down to 7%. HELP

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I think it is less than 2 years old, but where would I find the other info (please be warned that I am a 63 year old and not excessively computer literate)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It stopped taking a charge last night, so I bought a new charger--did not make a difference. Last time this happened to me you exchanged my tablet but I lost everything I had in it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of....

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 8 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please try a power reset of the device, if the software is glitched it will resolve the issue.

Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds the device will shut off then turn it back and allow about 1 minute to boot up.

Let me know the outcome, if the solution resolves the issue please take a moment to rate my service and submit at he top. If not reply back to further discuss the issue.