E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I gave me brother a Kindle about 2 years ago, and recently…

Customer Question
I gave me brother...

I gave me brother a Kindle about 2 years ago, and recently reclaimed it. It won't charge. Is is possible the battery died from non-use? I don't believe he ever used it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model D00801. About 2 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just putting it on the charger that came with it for two days. I get "your battery is empty" message after trying to charge.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!