E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have anew replacement for my old kindle-the new one after…

Customer Question
I have anew replacement...

I have anew replacement for my old kindle-the new one after using the English button has only came up in Spanish-How do I reset it to go to English

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a kindle write touch never been used

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Only today-It is new and setting I used English but it won't open in English-How do I reset it to get English-I have held down the on off button but when it opens it is still Spanish

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

It sounds like you want to change your kindle language from Spanish to English if yes please follow the below steps:

To change your language settings:

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Language and Dictionaries, and then tap one of the following options:
    • Language - select a different language for your Kindle.
    • Keyboard - select a region-specific layout for the keyboard.
    • Dictionaries - set the default dictionary for each language.

Let me know if this helps.