E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I would like to download a mobi file from Kalibri to kindle…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to download a mobi file from Kalibri to kindle ereader. My device says that I have whispersync

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its new generation 8 serial goo Kaos 7244 Oe35

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Recently a friend sent a book with PDF or Mobi neither of which cam into the device. Restart I have used when books from public Library get trapped in the Que I have reregistered as well but not since the failure of MOBI download

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I have to formally join whispersync in order to expand electronic use of Kindle gen 8 ereder?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble, and I'm sorry that you've had to wait for help. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

The first step is to connect your Kindle to your pc using the cable that came with your device. After you have connected it, it should it should appear as an external drive on your PC. If it is properly connected, and recognized by your PC, you can open Calibre and right-click on the book from your Calibre library that you want to send to your Kindle. You shoudl then see a pop-up window with the option to SEND TO DEVICE. Please select that. You'll see another pop-up box. Select "Send to Main Memory". The book will be sent to your kindle device once the selections are made.

If the "SEND TO DEVICE" option in calibre is grayed out and you can't select then your PC is probably not recognizing the Kindle properly. If this is the case, please let me know so I can walk you through troubleshooting steps.

I am committed to working with you until your problem is fully resolved.